The Pediatric Psychology Clinic
The Pediatric Psychology Clinic @ Susan Myket, Ph.D. & Associates works collaboratively with primary and specialty physicians to provide complete care for children and their families while addressing emotional, behavioral and developmental issues.
What is a Pediatric Psychologist? A pediatric psychologist is concerned with physical health and illness in children and the relationship between psychological/behavioral factors and health, illness and disease. Our pediatric psychologists have specialized training in inpatient and outpatient departments of major medical hospitals and are able to address the following issues within pediatric patient populations.
- Problems related to pediatric conditions
- Psychosomatic illness
- Adjustment to disease
- Adherence/Compliance issues
- Coping with procedural pain
- Pain management of recurring/chronic pain
- Mental health problems in conjunction with medical illness
- Behavior problems
- Bereavement (Death and Dying issues)
- Parent/Sibling support
- Reintegration into school after hospitalization
Our pediatric psychologists look forward to partnering with medical teams to provide collaborative patient care for children and their families.