The Anxiety Clinic
The Anxiety Clinic @ Susan Myket, Ph.D. & Associates is designed to offer assessment and treatment to those suffering with problematic anxiety, including:
- Social Anxiety
- Post traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Generalized Anxiety
- Panic and Agoraphobia
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Separation Anxiety
- School Avoidance
We provide a comprehensive, state-of-the-art evaluation that serves to clearly identify those who struggle with various anxieties. Equal attention is given to differentiating anxiety disorders from related and different issues that may coexist.
Along with diagnostic evaluation, a full range of research-supported therapeutic interventions are offered:
- Education for the anxiety sufferer & family
- Skillful coping techniques
- Helping individuals gradually face feared situations
- Helping the anxious person learn to manage distressing feelings in the body
- Social skills training
- Family support & coaching on how to respond to the anxious member
- Referral for medical services, as needed
- Coordination with physicians, other treatment providers & schools
We also offer numerous groups and workshops.
Our success rates for all of these treatments are quite high, in many cases rivaling the effectiveness of medication, without side effects.